Chart-ing out 2022

2022 was the year the Steelers beat Tom Brady so everything after that is just gravy.

Before we get to the best in 2022's music later in this blog (a link to the Spotify playlist is here if you're impatient) and releases by my kids, I know you all are time pressed and only mildly interested so I made some charts to talk about the rest of the year

Alright my email list hostages and volunteers, let's do this

Here's a Video of Pete letting us know he's going to take his talents to Charlottesville, VA










Adding Google, AARP and Homes.com to my website's logo wall in '22 was cool AND I also did neat projects like voicing the pre-roll shown before all films at the Washington West Film Festival and nearly all the male voices in the video below (and a recent update on my logo wall -- you can find more at AndySaysIt.com if you're really curious :)





And now on to the music (oh wait, I also didn't mention I am now officially a patent holder!. Ok now the music :) The Spotify playlist is below, but please do read on past it - especially to read about my kids' releases :)  
 




My Favorite Albums of 2022


1) Expert in A Dying Field - The Beths




2) Being Funny in A Foreign Language - The 1975




3) 11:11 - Pinegrove




4) Theresa (EP) - Front Bottoms




5) Hypochondriac - Brakence





6) We Are Having A Glorious Time Down Here - Andrew Bilinksky


@newandrewville HEY I just released this song, there’s a link in my bio!!!!!! Please listen to it so I don’t have to do this anymore #foryou #indie #diymusic ♬ The Hellgiver - Andrew Bilinsky


My kids win the 2022 music wars


Of course my kids released some f-ing bangers, not to mention played some cool shows (Becca at the Camel in Richmond, Zack playing Elements Festival). Take a listen to their releases


Ache by ZNL (aka Zack :)




Context Clues, What Other Drugs and Seven by Becca






Favorite singles not on my top albums

  • Everything’s Fine - Roe Kapara
  • Loansharks -  Underscores
  • The Death Effect - Petie
  • Fuck The Club (chillpill remix) - Chillpill
  • All My Ghosts - Lizzy McAlpine
  • Burbank House - Tsubi Club

Some Other Fun Shows/Events/Movies Trips





    Favorite Covers and Older Songs I (Re)discovered


    • Don’t Be Cruel - Billy Swan (discovered it when watching For All Mankind which is one of the best shows!)
    • Feeling Like I Do - Snail Mail. I knew I had heard it years ago but couldn’t remember. Superdrag!
    • Web in Front - Archers of Loaf
    • Buildings - Regina Spector
    • Recharge & Revolt - saw in weird/amazing series (‘ Can’t Get You Out of My Head’) - The Raveonettes


    Honorable Mentions

    • I’m So Bored (single) - Sarah and The Sundays
    • BYOB (single) - Future Teens
    • Thanks Man (single) - The Drew Blood
    • Big Boy (single) - Payday
    • How Dare You Want More (single) - Bleachers
    • Miracles - Bill Callahan, Bonnie Prince Billy and Ty Segall
    • Haircut (single) - Petey
    • Mexico (single) - CEO@business.net
    • Tomorrow (single) - Waxahatchee
    • Maid Marian’s Toast (single) - Kiwi jr
    • No Time (single) - Dead
    • Grumpy Old Man (single) - Remi Wolf
    • Meet Me at Our Spot - The Anxiety
    • Tis The Season (single) - Big Freedia
    • Chaise Lounge (single) - Wet Leg
    • Nervous (single) - Madi Diaz
    • El Invento (single) - Jose Gonzalez
    • De4th\_*Spirit(single) and Just Out of Reach (single) - Jaron
    • Sidelines (single) - Bruce Hornsby
    • Anything but me (single) - MUNA
    • Experience (single from 2013 but still cool) - ludovico einaudi
    • Do You Wanna Stay (single) - Mana Garden
    • I Know You’re Wrong (single) - Another Micheal
    • United In Grief (single) - Kendrick Lamar
    • Training Montage - The Mountain Goats
    • Quick to Change - Retirement Party
    • Greenlit (single) - Lowswimmer
    • Heavy Heart (single) - Bartees Strange
    • Stop Making This Hurt (AG Cook Remix) - Bleachers
    • Nothing Without You (single) - Anita Velveta
    • Survivor’s Guilt (single) - Haley Blais
    • Grab The Phone - Porches
    • Eggshells (single) and I Only Sing About Food (single)  - Runner
    • Blush (single) - Dessa
    • Medicine (single) - Momma
    • G (single) doglantic
    • Lose again (single) - Endie
    • Hold My Hand (single) - Wild Pink, Julien Baker
    • Alex G (single) - Immunity
    • Cabin Fever (single) - re6ce
    • Liar (single) - Daisy the Great



    Popular posts from this blog

    Music, Travel and Internet Drama in '23

    Choose Your Own 2019 Year In Lipshultz Adventure